Eminem is not "brave" for dissing Trump; these politics are
I also included an "EDIT" in the comments section:
1. Not a Trump advocate and I think he's quite a boringly eccentric person to hear about, yet I'm contributing to the conversation.
2. Technically, I am committing the ad hominem fallacy; but I think there is still some hypocrisy to be pointed out here, wholly apart from Eminem's arguments in that freestyle.
3. Can't believe I mixed up "a dime a dozen" with "a dozen a dime"!
4. Of course politics has an effect on public consciousness too, wholly apart from personal interest in politics as an academic discipline - my comparison should be taken with a grain of salt. It's an assumption lacking qualitative and quantitative data.
5. Why am I talking to myself here?
After posting, I decided to see if anyone had similar thoughts to me. It turns out that The Hill published a piece that echoed similar sentiments, among others.