Skip to main content

The Great Chain of Linking, Part 2

Face melting guitar skills - Buckethead's awe-inspiring performance of "Soothsayer." If you like the fast stuff, skip ahead to the 4 minute mark.

A David Berlinski montage - The American intellectual talks about new atheism, evolution, and some other things along the way (in his signature biting prose, of course).

Why are pencils yellow? - If the question has ever kept you up at night...

A sociologist critiques gender sociology - I haven't actually read this one yet, though the abstract was a good sell [seller? ... Zellers?]. For all those who complain that "sociologists say x," here's a counterargument. Some of these erroneous accusations have been making me roll my eyes to the point where they'll start singing "googly, googly, begone!"

Review of The Case for Christ movie - David Wood does some hilarious impressions of Lee Strobel, Gary Habermas, and William Lane Craig (they begin at around 2:19).

Gary North has some harsh words for Frank Schaeffer - I would argue that North could have been more gracious in his approach, though he offers some interesting ideas on the arts and blasphemy. And let's be honest, this is simply a hilarious read.

Holding Pasteur under a microscope - One of my favourite reads from the Sociology of Science and Knowledge course I took in late 2016. Written by the actor-network theorist Bruno Latour, he analyzes Louis Pasteur's "solution" for anthrax and makes some intriguing observations. "The change of scale makes possible a reversal of the actors' strengths; 'outside' animals, farmers, and veterinarians were weaker than the invisible anthrax bacillus; inside Pasteur's lab, man becomes stronger than the bacillus..."

Parody of the Meryl Streep speech - It's old news by now, and I'll admit that I haven't heard all of Steep's speech; however, I've had many a laughs over this, so I thought I'd share.

Comments

  1. I actually never wondered why pencils were mostly yellow until you mentioned it. But I know why I have sleepless nights once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment